randome error in dovecot logs
Rajesh M.
2014-09-23 15:12:18 UTC
hi Eric

i have started using the qt 64 bit which we discussed a week ago.

i have migrated around 20 users currently

this server is going to eventually have around 3000+ users

in the dovecot log i am **randomly** seeing these error.

Sep 23 20:18:54 auth-worker: Error: vmysql: sql error[3]: Table 'vpopmail.users' doesn't exist
Sep 23 20:18:54 auth-worker: Error: Attempting to rebuild connection to SQL server
Sep 23 20:18:54 auth-worker: Error: vmysql: connection rebuild failed: Table 'vpopmail.users' doesn't exist

mysql version is 5.5.

1) could you please let me know the cause for the above error ?

2) what kind of changes would be required to the
/etc/dovecot/toaster.conf to support 3000+ users

my current machine is a dell hexcore, 16 gb ram

my earlier 32 bit machine (dovecot for imap only) has these settings for imap
service_count = 0
client_limit = 256
process_min_avail = 4
vsz_limit = 256M
process_limit = 400

rajesh
Eric Shubert
2014-09-24 00:00:09 UTC
Post by Rajesh M.
hi Eric
i have started using the qt 64 bit which we discussed a week ago.
i have migrated around 20 users currently
this server is going to eventually have around 3000+ users
in the dovecot log i am **randomly** seeing these error.
Sep 23 20:18:54 auth-worker: Error: vmysql: sql error[3]: Table 'vpopmail.users' doesn't exist
Sep 23 20:18:54 auth-worker: Error: Attempting to rebuild connection to SQL server
Sep 23 20:18:54 auth-worker: Error: vmysql: connection rebuild failed: Table 'vpopmail.users' doesn't exist
mysql version is 5.5.
1) could you please let me know the cause for the above error ?
I can only guess. I expect that you'll need to tune mysql to handle more
connections. I don't know off hand exactly how to do that, but I expect
that some folks here have done this already.
Post by Rajesh M.
2) what kind of changes would be required to the
/etc/dovecot/toaster.conf to support 3000+ users
I believe some here are running QMT hosts with numbers of users in that
ballpark. Anyone?
Post by Rajesh M.
my current machine is a dell hexcore, 16 gb ram
I would think that'd be plenty of horsepower.
Post by Rajesh M.
my earlier 32 bit machine (dovecot for imap only) has these settings for imap
service_count = 0
client_limit = 256
process_min_avail = 4
vsz_limit = 256M
process_limit = 400
I'd start with that and tune from there. The stock QMT settings have not
been optimized in any way.

I have on my QMT to-do list (which I've been meaning to post on github)
a task for doing performance tuning/scaling of dovecot. I believe some
others here have gone through this already.

Anyone?

Thanks.
--
-Eric 'shubes'