553 sorry, your envelope sender has been denied (#5.7.1)
Dan McAllister
2014-08-22 15:19:35 UTC
OK, so this is a curious problem.

I am using a QMT as a smarthost for sending mail -- to be used when any
of my other servers are blacklisted while I get the blacklist entries
removed.

ONE user (and only 1 user) is getting bounces of the form:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at <SMARTHOST FQDN>.

<***@domain.tld>:
Delivered with authenticated connection to
<IP Address> does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 553 sorry, your envelope sender has been denied (#5.7.1)
Giving up on <IP Address>.

The "smarthost" receives the message on port 587 (submission) with an
authenticated user (used solely for inter-server communications) login -
thus the "authenticated connection"... but the error says there is a
problem with the "envelope sender" and I'm clueless how this is
different or unique for this one user.

Unfortunately, neither set of log files seems to shed any light on this
-- or else I'm looking in the wrong place.

Any ideas anyone?

Dan McAllister
--
IT4SOHO, LLC
33 - 4th Street N, Suite 211

CALL TOLL FREE:
877-IT4SOHO

877-484-7646 Phone
727-647-7646 Local
727-490-4394 Fax

We have support plans for QMail!
a***@globalgate.com.ar
2014-08-22 15:25:13 UTC
Hi Dan,

what about /var/qmail/control/badmailfrom file in that toaster?

regards

--

GlobalGate
Ingeniería
http://www.globalgate.com.ar
Viamonte 723 5to of 22
Tel (Buenos Aires): (011) 5218 4242/44 FAX: (011) 5218 4245
Tel (Córdoba): (0351) 571 0351
Tel (Corrientes): (0379) 464 0042

Intl: Tel: +54 11 5218 4242
Fax: +54 11 5218 4245