Send/Receive quotas in QMT
Dan McAllister
2014-10-09 16:39:17 UTC
QMT Enthusiasts:

I am in DESPERATE need of a way to rate-limit certain users on my
system. Not only would it help me stop a sometimes well-intentioned, but
otherwise abusive user, but it would also help limit the impact of
virus-infected clients as well.

Specifically, I would like for there to be a way to limit users to, say,
250 messages a day. (We're talking outbound messages here, not inbound)

If it means moving this client away from QMT, so be it -- but I don't
know of any other mail program that would do this either...

Any ideas?

Dan McAllister
--
IT4SOHO, LLC
33 - 4th Street N, Suite 211

CALL TOLL FREE:
877-IT4SOHO

877-484-7646 Phone
727-647-7646 Local
727-490-4394 Fax

We have support plans for QMail!

Tonix - Antonio Nati
2014-10-09 17:07:02 UTC
Post by Dan McAllister
I am in DESPERATE need of a way to rate-limit certain users on my
system. Not only would it help me stop a sometimes well-intentioned,
but otherwise abusive user, but it would also help limit the impact of
virus-infected clients as well.
Specifically, I would like for there to be a way to limit users to,
say, 250 messages a day. (We're talking outbound messages here, not
inbound)
If it means moving this client away from QMT, so be it -- but I don't
know of any other mail program that would do this either...
Any ideas?
Dan McAllister
I have some ideas on how to do that on qmail/vpopmail, but it means to
add custom code to qmail or vpopmail (it should be a payed job).

Regards,

Tonino
***@zioni Interazioni di Antonio Nati
http://www.interazioni.it ***@interazioni.it
Jaime Ventura
2014-10-09 17:13:24 UTC
Hey,
I've been trying to get this working on a dev QMT instance:

http://hmonteiro.net/howtos/qmail/qmail_envelope_scanning

But currently its not a priority for me, so its stalled for the moment.
The ideia is to be able do use http://wiki.policyd.org/

Cheers,