changing password via webmail
Rajesh M.
2014-10-01 07:40:10 UTC
eric s

normally for changing password over the webmail we use courierpassd-1.1.2

in the qt install corier is no installed

so courierpassd-1.1.2 does not compile

what is the alternative

configure: WARNING: === Courier authentication library not found.
configure: WARNING: === You need to download and install
configure: WARNING: === http://www.courier-mta.org/download.php#authlib first.
configure: WARNING: === If courier-authlib is installed in a non-default
configure: WARNING: === directory, set the COURIERAUTHCONFIG environment
configure: WARNING: === variable to the full path to the courierauthconfig
configure: WARNING: === binary and rerun this configure script.
configure: WARNING:
configure: error: courierauthconfig not found

rajesh
Constantin IOAJA
2014-10-01 09:48:53 UTC
Post by Rajesh M.
eric s
normally for changing password over the webmail we use courierpassd-1.1.2
in the qt install corier is no installed
so courierpassd-1.1.2 does not compile
what is the alternative
configure: WARNING: === Courier authentication library not found.
configure: WARNING: === You need to download and install
configure: WARNING: === http://www.courier-mta.org/download.php#authlib first.
configure: WARNING: === If courier-authlib is installed in a non-default
configure: WARNING: === directory, set the COURIERAUTHCONFIG environment
configure: WARNING: === variable to the full path to the courierauthconfig
configure: WARNING: === binary and rerun this configure script.
configure: error: courierauthconfig not found
rajesh
_User __Account Administration_

webmail => options => Account Administration

(user) password => login => (User) Account Administration
--
=============

Constantin IOAJA

Network Administrator C.N.S. Cartel ALFA
Constantin IOAJA
2014-10-01 10:15:03 UTC
Post by Constantin IOAJA
Post by Rajesh M.
[...]
QmailAdmin Login Plugin - SquirrelMail
--
=============

Constantin IOAJA

Administrator de retea C.N.S. Cartel ALFA
Rajesh M.
2014-10-01 14:06:33 UTC
no, i cannot use since that contains other items like forwarding, vacation messaging, etc. which is not allowed for the employees of the company.

rajesh

Eric Shubert
2014-10-02 01:42:28 UTC
Of course, we don't have courier-authlib any more. We're lucky to still
have maildrop (also part of courier).

Are you using squirrelmail? What is the component that was invoking
courierpassd? IOW, how did you have this set up?

I expect there's some way to use vpopmail or it's libraries to
accomplish the same thing. It's sort of hard (nary impossible) to tell
though without knowing what piece you had before that did this.

Is there perhaps another SM plugin that handles password changes alone
that can use vpopmail directly (or can be built with vpopmail libs)?
--
-Eric 'shubes'