Dovecot and Squirrelmail IMAP Quota Usage Display - SOLVED
Edwin Casimero
2014-10-06 16:23:23 UTC
Hi Guys,

For those who have not been able to display Quotas / Disk Usage on
Squirrelmail or Roundcube or Thunderbird Quota Plugin... I would like to
share the easy solution I just found about how to display quota usage in:

- Qmail Toaster
- CentOs 5.x
- Courier Replaced by Dovecot 2.0.17

The solution I copied from looking at the development Qmail Toaster for
CentOS 6.

This is what I did for 2 installations of QMT on CentOS 5.x with Dovecot
2.0.17:

In /etc/dovecot/toaster.conf

Add these lines:

-------- start ---------

# added to make quotas work!

mail_plugins = $mail_plugins quota

protocol imap {
imap_client_workarounds = "delay-newmail"
mail_plugins = $mail_plugins imap_quota
}

plugin {
quota = maildir:ignore=Trash
quota_rule = ?:storage=0
}

Restart dovecot with:

service dovecot restart

And that is it, the quotas via imap will now display in your
Squirrelmail (with the check quota plugin) and Roundcube.

For Thunderbird you can install a quota plugin.

Hope this helps someone.

Best wishes,
Edwin