Your email was rejected because it contains a bad attachment: d
Rajesh M.
2014-09-30 15:15:36 UTC
eric

today one of my client got this error while forwarding a simple word document.
there were multiple word documents in his email but only one of them was triggering this error.

Your email was rejected because it contains a bad attachment: d

i searched a bit and found this article which explains this error

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.mail.qmail.simscan/3880

i have temporarily disabled .cmd attachment

could you check this out at your convenience please.

rajesh
Eric Shubert
2014-10-02 01:58:48 UTC
Post by Rajesh M.
eric
today one of my client got this error while forwarding a simple word document.
there were multiple word documents in his email but only one of them was triggering this error.
Your email was rejected because it contains a bad attachment: d
i searched a bit and found this article which explains this error
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.mail.qmail.simscan/3880
i have temporarily disabled .cmd attachment
could you check this out at your convenience please.
rajesh
Our simscan contains 7 patches, one of which is a combined patch:

https://github.com/QMailToaster/simscan

Would you care to examine our existing patches to see if this patch is
already included? My guess would be that it's not.

I'd be happy to include this patch as well, providing it patches
cleanly. If there are conflicts, you'll need to find the appropriate
line numbers within simscan.c to apply this patch after all our patches
are already applied.

Once you have a suitable patch that builds cleanly, you can put in a
pull request for it on github, and I'll be happy to modify the spec file
for it and build/release a new simscan with it included. I simply don't
have time presently to do it all myself, nor should I.

If you need some help testing the patches, I expect someone else here
would be willing to lend a hand.

Thanks. I hope to see a pull request from you for this soon.
--
-Eric 'shubes'